A tribute to what my mind and I are going through when I am at home, trying to get things done and study.
1. Alright, international relations theory it is today. Let’s start reading this 30 page text. (reads one paragraph)
2. Wait a minute…I am still supposed to download all the readings from BlackBoard before they are taken down for good. (downloads all the readings for classes, curses the German copyright system)
3. Okay, too much text to read. Let’s see if YouTube can explain this any better and faster. (goes on YouTube)
4. Finally found a well explaining video. (watches the first few seconds)
5. Oh, the guy tries to explain Constructivism with a Matrix reference. Have I ever seen The Matrix from start to finish? Let’s see if it is on Netflix. (pauses video, goes on Netflix)
6. New arrivals? Let’s have a look at that. Don’t forget to finish watching House of Cards btw. What does this say? Season 2 of Fuller House coming December 9th? YAY! Wait…what was I on here for again…? Yeah right, The Matrix. (looks up The Matrix)
7. Wow there’s like 3 versions of this on here. Let’s add one to the endless list of movies and shows I still want to watch and forget it even exists.
8. Back to YouTube…I wonder whether there is a book called International Relations for Dummies because I really need that right now. (searches for International Relations for Dummies, doesn’t find anything)
9. Well, I guess this summary text does it, too. (reads)
10. I am hungry. Time to make lunch. (eats lunch, looks at newly bought pasta maker)
11. Hell, I love pasta! Now, how do I best get beetroot and feta cheese stuffed into tortellini?? (starts thinking about making tortellini but goes back to studying)
12. (watches another video) “A realist walks into a bar and orders a half empty glass of water”? Politics makes so much sense now.
13. Wasn’t Carlos Ruiz Zafón going to publish a new book soon? When does that come out again? (looks up publishing date)
14. (while finishing notes on IR) I have some chocolate cream cheese left but I am out of grissini sticks. How do I make grissini sticks? (looks up recipe).
15. (watches last video on international relations theory) Look! A video on Game Theory
16. It’s already December. Time to start designing the photo calendars. (searches for typography Photoshop tutorials for the cover page of calendar)
The vicious cycle is cruel and endless. Pretty much explains why studying takes so much time. At least I am still an A student. 🙂